- division of the Department of State Growth which advises the Minister on Vocational Education and Training (VET) policy and strategy, and is responsible for the administration of VET in Tasmania.
Tasmanian Traineeships and Apprenticeships Committee (TTAC)
- a statutory committee of Skills Tasmania responsible for administering traineeships and apprenticeships in Tasmania.
Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA)
- responsible for accreditation and registration of training organisations within the vocational education and training sector. ASQA's operations are detailed in the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011.
- Established in 2013, TasTAFE is Tasmania's public training provider.
Private Registered Training Organisations (RTO)
- approximately 120 Private registered training organisations, ranging from micro-businesses operating in niche areas to medium sized organisations offering a wide range of programs throughout Tasmania.
Group Training Organisations (GTO)
- 'for profit' and 'not-for-profit' organisations that hire out trainees and apprentices to host employers.