About Skills Tasmania
Skills Tasmania is a division of the Department of State Growth. We develop and manage the Tasmanian training and workforce development system in partnership with industry, the vocational education and training sector, and the wider community.
Our goal is to ensure all Tasmanians have access to vocational education and training that leads to jobs, opportunities and economic growth.
Our role is to oversee skills, training and workforce development in Tasmania. In doing so, we:
- govern the distribution of government funding for training and workforce development in Tasmania
- develop strategies to ensure all working-age Tasmanians have the skills to secure employment
- provide information on funding to educate and upskill workers
- engage with industry to ensure the current education and training meets both employer and employee/learner needs
- promote industry and investment in Tasmania to boost the economy
- provide policy support and advice on skills and workforce development
- regulate and administer apprenticeships and traineeships
- assist individuals to be work-ready, overcome barriers and be effective in their work
Investing in skills and workforce development supports and encourages our economy to become more productive, innovative and competitive. It is also a critical step in ensuring Tasmanians are skilled and able to take up the new jobs being created in the economy.
Training and education are the joint responsibilities of the Australian and Tasmanian governments, industry, community and individuals. Skills Tasmania are the central contact point for all parties.
Your customer feedback is important to us. There are a couple of ways you can provide suggestions about our services or address concerns. Find out more.