Friday, 25 March
- nominations open
Friday, 27 May
- nominations close
Friday, 2 September
- Tasmanian Training Awards' presentation dinner, Hobart
Thursday, 17 November
- Australian Training Awards' presentation dinner, Darwin
The awards for excellence in vocational education and training
2016 Tasmanian Training Awards
The Tasmanian Training Awards are conducted annually by Skills Tasmania, Department of State Growth. The Department is committed to the development of a high quality, efficient system of vocational education and training and workforce development. The commitment represents a major contribution to the development of competitive advantage for Tasmanian industry.
The Awards recognise the achievements of apprentices, trainees and vocational students who strive for the highest standards of knowledge and skills within their industry. They also recognise industry, employers, small businesses and training organisations dedicated to providing high quality training and improving the skills of the workforce in this State. The Awards offer finalists the chance to gain personal satisfaction and the prestige of being part of an elite group who unequivocally represent the State’s best in vocational education and training.
The 2016 Award categories are:
- Apprentice of the Year
- Trainee of the Year
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Student of the Year
- Vocational Student of the Year
- School-based Apprentice/Trainee of the Year
- VET in Schools Student of the Year
- VET Teacher/Trainer of the Year
- Equity Vocational Student of the Year
- Equity Apprentice/Trainee of the Year.
- Small Employer of the Year
- Medium Employer of the Year
- Large Employer of the Year
- Industry Collaboration of the Year
- Equity Employer of the Year
- Small Training Provider of the Year
- Large Training Provider of the Year.
This video is an overview of the 2015 presentation evening, and includes interviews with the winners. (duration 5:33 minutes)