Tasmanian Training Awards
Thursday, 29 March 2018
- Nominations open.
Thursday, 31 May 2018
- Nominations close.
Friday, 7 September 2018
- Presentation dinner.
Australian Training Awards
Thursday, 15 November 2018
- Presentation dinner.
The Tasmanian Training Awards are conducted annually by Skills Tasmania, Department of State Growth. The Department is committed to the development of a high quality, efficient system of vocational education and training and workforce development. The commitment represents a major contribution to the development of competitive advantage for Tasmanian industry.
The Awards recognise the achievements of apprentices, trainees and vocational students who strive for the highest standards of knowledge and skills within their industry. They also recognise industry, employers, small businesses and training organisations dedicated to providing high quality training and improving the skills of the workforce in this State. The Awards offer finalists the chance to gain personal satisfaction and the prestige of being part of an elite group who unequivocally represent the State’s best in vocational education and training.
Nominations for this year’s awards open on 29 March and close on 31 May.
Winners from the Tasmanian Training Awards (in aligned categories) may have the opportunity to compete with other states and territories to be named the best in Australia at the Australian Training Awards which will be presented in Sydney on Thursday, 15 November.
2018 Tasmanian Training Awards Categories
- Apprentice of the Year
- Trainee of the Year
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Student of the Year
- Vocational Student of the Year
- School-based Apprentice of the Year
- VET Teacher / Trainer of the Year
- VET in Schools Student of the Year*
- Equity Award for a Vocational Student*
- Equity Awards for an Apprentice or Trainee*
Business and Training Provider Awards
- Small Employer of the Year
- Employer of the Year
- Equity Employer of the Year*
- Industry Collaboration Award
- Training Provider of the Year
* There are no national equivalents to the VET in Schools Student Award or the three Equity Awards.
Australian Training Awards Direct Entry Awards
In addition to the individual, business and organisation awards above, the Australian Training Awards also has six Direct Entry awards. Nominations for the direct entry awards are now open and close on 31 May 2018.
- Australian Apprenticeships - Employer Award
- Excellence in Language, Literacy and Numeracy Practice Award
- International Training Provider of the Year Award
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- National Achievement Award
- School Pathways to VET Award
How to enter details can be found on the Australian Training Awards website
For all enquiries please contact:
Special Events Co-ordinator
03 6165 6008