The Skills Fund supports industries and businesses in Tasmania to grow and develop a skilled workforce by providing subsidies for training for existing workers to develop new skills through nationally recognised training.
It is open to Endorsed RTOs working in partnership with an employer or industry association to deliver the training.
There are generally two Skills Fund grant rounds per year.
The Skills Fund ST054 Grant Round is closed.
Any Endorsed RTO can apply for a Skills Fund grant round in partnership with an employer or an industry association. Each Fund grant round has a range of eligibility, application and grant conditions that the applicant and partners must meet, including:
- The Endorsed RTO must have the qualifications/skill sets/units of competency on their scope of registration.
- The Endorsed RTO must be financially viable at the time of applying for and for the duration of any subsequent funding agreement.
- The applicant must provide evidence of the partnership with the employer or industry association.
- The employer/s must be willing to pay a financial co-contribution.
- The existing workers who undertake the training must not be eligible for an apprenticeship or traineeship.
Further details are provided in the Fund Guide for each grant round, which will be available on this page when the grant round opens.
Details of approaching Skills Tasmania program rounds is available in the Program Release Schedule I PDF 81KB.
Before starting a Skills Fund application, it is highly recommended that you:
- Read the RTO Guide to the Application Process, Eligibility Criteria and Conditions; and
- Attend one of the information sessions.
Throughout the application there are references to templates. These templates must be used.
Documents for download
Need more information?
Contact Deb Doherty, Program Manager on (03) 6165 6012 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org