Training and Work Pathways
A grant round for this program is now open
The Training and Work Pathways Program aims to increase participation in training and employment by Tasmanians facing disadvantage.
The Program provides grants to eligible individuals or organisations to undertake targeted activities that address specific disadvantages that impact on people accessing and participating in training and employment. Projects often have multiple stakeholders who each deliver specialised services to project participants.
The Program is offered in grant rounds and aims to provide an equitable spread of grants across regions, target groups and disadvantages.
A Training and Work Pathways Program grant round is NOW OPEN and will close at 2pm on Monday 9 December 2019.
The objectives of the program are to:
- increase participation in nationally recognised or non-nationally recognised training that leads to employment for Tasmanians facing disadvantage.
- support the development of collaborative relationships between Tasmanians facing disadvantage, community organisations, industry, employers and training organisations to increase access to and participation in training and/or employment.
- provide targeted solutions to enhance the employment potential of Tasmanians facing disadvantage.
- create sustainable and tailored training opportunities for Tasmanians facing disadvantage that address the learning needs of the target group/s and lead to increased participation in further training and in employment.
- improve the quality of training experiences and outcomes by promoting training in new and flexible ways, especially with regard to location, training methods and the involvement of employers and/or industry bodies.
The key changes for this grant round include:
- the removal of research as an eligible project focus
- less emphasis on innovation where an application builds on existing successful Training and Work Pathways projects
- a requirement for each project to be for a period of 12 months with possible extensions offered by Skills Tasmania to applicants who are able to successfully meet their project deliverables.
Details of other approaching Skills Tasmania program grant rounds can be found in the Program Release Schedule I PDF 81KB.
To be eligible to apply for funding, your organisation must be one of the following:
- a community service organisation, club, community-based association, charity, trust or educational institution; or
- an Endorsed Registered Training Organisation (RTO); or
- an individual or organisation carrying on business in a VET-related field that has a relationship with a community organisation and other relevant stakeholders; or
- a Tasmanian Government agency, Government business enterprise or state-owned company.
Further details are provided in the Program Guide.
The Program Guide details the eligibility and grant conditions for this round of the program and should be read before drafting an application.
Applications for the Program are to be completed and lodged online via SmartyGrants here.
Applicants are also required to complete and attach two templates with the application:
The application process requires you to address a number of criteria and attach supporting evidence.
Applications are assessed and scored by a selection panel.
Successful applicants will be required to enter a grant deed with Skills Tasmania, which will set out the terms and conditions for receiving the funding.
If you wish to vary your existing Training and Work Pathways Program grant deed please contact the Program Manager
Need more information?
Contact Deb Wilcox, Program Manager on (03) 6165 6060 or by email at Deb.Wilcox@skills.tas.gov.au.