VET for school age learners
There are a number of options for VET if you are a school-aged learner* in Tasmania.
You can access VET:
- At school or college, as part of your studies
- Under a training contract, in which you combine training and employment to gain a nationally recognised qualification. A school-based apprenticeship or traineeship is a great option if you want to combine training and employment with your studies towards your Tasmanian Certificate of Education (TCE)
- By undertaking a course at TasTAFE
- By undertaking a course at a Trade Training Centre.
Talk to your parents and your school to discover your full range of options, as well as any requirements you should be aware of.
: *A school aged learner is defined as an individual who:
- has not yet attained the age of 18 years, or
- is 18 years or older and is participating in an Approved Learning Program or home education, as defined by the Education Act 2016.