Training and Work Pathways Program
The Training and Work Pathways Program (the Program), is the Department of State Growth’s key program to address disadvantage in VET, and supports innovative, targeted projects that support opportunities for Tasmanians facing disadvantage and experiencing barriers to participation in education, training and employment.
The following are specific program objectives sought by the Program:
- To increase participation by Tasmanians facing disadvantage in education-related activities that will help people facing barriers into employment.
- Collaborative relationships between Tasmanians facing disadvantage, community organisations, industry, employers and training organisations to improve life chances in relation to education, training and employment.
- Identifying existing barriers and proposing targeted solutions to enhance the employment potential and opportunities for disadvantaged Tasmanians to engage productively in education and employment.
- Expand and sustain learning opportunities by supporting innovative community-based learning of various kinds that lead towards increasing participation in education and employment.
- Improve the quality of learning experiences and outcomes by promoting learning opportunities in new and flexible ways, especially with regard to location and delivery arrangements.
- Provide supported pathways for Tasmanians facing disadvantage to better access effective transitions into apprenticeships and traineeships; and/ or undertake activities that assist employers and industry to address barriers and blockages to recruiting Tasmanians facing barriers to commencing and successfully completing apprenticeships/ traineeships.
Enquiries about this program should be directed to the Contact Officer, Kelly Dixon at firstname.lastname@example.org.