Workforce Development Grants Program
The Workforce Development Grants Program 2018-19 is an annual rolling program.
- Open Tuesday 28th August 2018
- Close Tuesday 30th April 2019
The Department of State Growth (Skills Tasmania) invites eligible organisations to submit an Expression of Interest (EoI) for funding to support workforce planning, workforce development planning and workforce development implementation in priority regions, communities and industries*.
The Program objectives are to:
- Support industry and regional engagement in workforce planning and development.
- Improve collaboration between industry and employers with training providers, and improve engagement of industry and employers in the training and workforce development system.
- Develop and implement effective responses, and promote and facilitate collaboration with training providers, to ensure training and skill development meet contemporary and emerging industry standards and requirements.
Priority industries are:
- Advanced manufacturing (including maritime and defence manufacturing)
- Aged services
- Building and construction (including civil construction)
- Disability services
- Tourism and hospitality
- Transport and logistics
How to apply
- Read the Workforce Development Program 2018-19 Guidelines to determine if your organisation and project proposal are eligible.
- Potential applicants are encouraged to discuss their application with a Senior Workforce Development Consultant prior to preparation of an Expression of Interest (for contact details see www.skills.tas.gov.au/employersindustry/WorkforceDevelopmentConsultants).
- Download, complete and submit by email an EoI to firstname.lastname@example.org (please note that it may take up to 4 weeks for EoIs to be assessed and for a decision about moving on to Stage 2 to be made).
- Workforce Development Grant Program Guidelines 2018-19
- WfD Grant Program EoI
Questions in relation to the Program, guidelines or potential projects should be directed to the Program Manager, Michael McGee at:
Phone: (03) 6477 7388
*Note that the Department of State Growth (Skills Tasmania) reserve the right to close the program at any time, including when the budget is exhausted.