Guidance for employers of apprentices and trainees
There are a range of services available to you with regard to employing an apprentice or trainee.
- The Employer guide to apprenticeships and traineeships is an induction booklet for employers of apprentices and trainees. It is designed to assist you to understand your role and obligations in relation to the training contract and training of your apprentice or trainee - you should have received a copy when you commenced your training contract. The guide covers all the essentials and is a handy reference to have on hand during the course of the apprenticeship or traineeship.
- The HELP SHEET for Employers Apprentices & Trainees - 2020 provides a quick snapshot of your obligations and the apprentice/trainee obligations as well as a Troubleshooting Guide.
- The Employing an Apprentice or Trainee page provides a range of relevant information if you are looking to employ a new apprentice or trainee.
- If you already employ an apprentice or trainee and are experiencing some issues, this page might be helpful.
- You can contact your Apprenticeship Network Provider (ANP) or the Workforce Training Consultancy service for advice with a specific matter.
- Further information is also available through the Australian Government Australian Apprenticeships website and the Australian apprenticeship pathways website.