- statutory authority which advises the Minister on Vocational Education and Training (VET) policy and strategy, and is responsible for the administration of VET in Tasmania.
Tasmanian Training Agreements Committee (TTAC)
- a statutory committee of Skills Tasmania responsible for administering traineeships and apprenticeships in Tasmania.
Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA)
- responsible for accreditation and registration of training organisations within the vocational education and training sector. ASQA’s operations are detailed in the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011.
- focuses on practical learning, with a vocational pathway, supported by academic courses as well, for both Year 11/12 and mature-age students seeking employment outcomes or university articulation.
Tasmanian Skills Institute
- focuses on skills development for employees in enterprises, in line with their enterprise?s skills needs.
Private Registered Training Organisations (RTO)
- approximately 120 Private registered training organisations, ranging from micro-businesses operating in niche areas to medium sized organisations offering a wide range of programs throughout Tasmania.
Group Training Organisations (GTO)
- may be 'for profit' or 'not-for-profit' organisations that hire out apprentices and trainees to host employers.
Service Provider Committee (SPC)
- advises the Skills Tasmania Board on issues confronting service providers (Registered Training Organisations, Group Training Organisations and Australian Apprenticeship Services) operating in Tasmania
Equity Committee (See Equity in VET)
- advises the Skills Tasmania Board on issues relating to access to the training system by those who are disadvantaged
Audit Risk Management Committee
- reviews broad financial operations of Skills Tasmania and will develop a risk register for the Tasmanian Training System